Sunday, January 13, 2013

Thoughts So Far?

I guess a few of my readers are wondering just who the Tall White Aliens happen to be. For that and how we rid our city of them you'll just have to wait, no spoilers here.

I do plan to go back later and add more photographs and video to the story. If you have pictures of any of the characters doing crazy stuff send them to recyclebill@gmail.com and I'll see if I can dream up a way to write them into the story. Please, no evidence unless it's against the Tall White Aliens. Any crimes my friends have committed are water under the bridge and paid for a long time ago. Besides, odds are good I already know about it.

You'll notice I've been referencing real places in the text of the story. That's because I like these places or they're places I go. As the story grows and our travels expand you can expect to see more. I've even considered commercial placements like is done in television and movies but thus far haven't done so.

Some of the inventions mentioned or variations of said inventions are actually going to be produced in limited numbers in our Burlington shop. That's right. Steve, Wooley, Donny and I really do have a shop in Downtown Burlington. Steve actually owns the property but all of our tools are there and as soon as we finish a few more repairs on the 1930s brick building we'll get started building bikes and other things including the Wackemall 750, the first of many Wackemall Motorcycles we hope to build right here in North Carolina.

You see, while I like to consider myself creative, it's Donny, Steve and Wooley who really know how to build things. I come up with ideas, they strip away the nonsense and make it real. That's what they do at their full time jobs and why we believe that together the four of us can do almost anything. Besides, like I write in the book, we enjoy our time together.

Our long term goal is to eventually exceed our ability to produce and be forced to hire other local manufacturers to make our products for us while we distribute them to retailers. Of course, we'll start out with an online store but retail is not where we want to stay. We see manufacturing as a key driver of the economy and dream of bringing at least a little bit of manufacturing back home to North Carolina and the USA.

And if I have to start giving away all my books online for free to make it happen? Well, I've penned something over 40 titles thus far, might as well put them to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment