Sunday, December 23, 2012

So What's This All About?

When I Were A Motorcycle is a novel in the making. But it's also a combination of things real and imagined. I began writing When I Were A Motorcycle as part of the recovery process after having lost my son, Jason Alan Jones as being creative helps me to heal. Sharing it online is a way to let friends, family, my therapist and the world know I've not given up hope for my own life. Besides, Jason loved off the wall and if my writing is anything it's off the wall. Not great, just off the wall.

I didn't plan for it to be but as it turns out this newest novel is one of several sequels to The Adventures Of The Vegetable Stalker. Perhaps you've seen me on Twitter @VeggieStalker though I'm most well known for writing BloggingPoet.com. Sadly, because of financial difficulties I was forced to remove over 10 years of archives from the web when I moved from paid to free servers about a year ago.

The other sequels were all online at one time or another and were titled, BILLY'S WILD SALSA COOKBOOK, Texmex For Rednecks And the Adventurers of the Wild Salsa Gang, SWEETFEED, The Autobiography of Jack T. Mule and THE RETURN OF THE VEGETABLE STALKER. I've also published several books in print but my only book currently in print is a children's book titled Reindeer Tales available from that giant online bookseller we all love and love to hate. Anyway, back to what this book is all about.

I've long been a fan of writing online because the Internet allows me depth the printed page does not. With no more than a hyperlink I can add another dimension to a page, paragraph, sentence or even a single word. See what I mean. The Internet also allows multimedia adding even more depth and dimension to what was before, just a flat piece of paper. Before I'm done I plan to add audio and video to this novel as well. I'm not saying these other mediums should be a substitute for great writing, just that they are tools that allow writers to do more, tools I want to try my hand at using.

But it won't end there. You're also going to see us build stuff, invent things and restore a real motorcycle from the ground up as the completed novel will include what is commonly known as a motorcycle build thread written right into the story line. You see, like the story says, I really do sometimes get old motorcycles from salvage yards for parts or restoration.

So what are the things we'll be inventing. Well for starters, without giving away any trade secrets, my partners and I are already working on an anti carjacking device that could be factory installed on new cars or retrofitted to used cars. No, it won't be cheap but it will send the bad guys away. We'll unveil it in the pages of this novel as part of the story.

I'm also thinking I might highlight some talent. Writing this story is going to be a long time in the making and will involve some actual travel. We're going to turn you on to some of the folks who turn us on in the process, as part of the story. Yeah, we might have to drag a few of them outside of their normal comfort zones into things they don't normally do but you, I and them will all be better off for it. Now if I could just convince my brother Donny that nothing bad will come from being written into this novel. After all, I wrote my youngest brother, Ronny, into BILLY's WILD SALSA COOKBOOK and nothing bad happened to him.

So take a look around the site. The Table of Contents will help you keep up with the story, the Blog (what you're reading now) will let you know what's going on behind the scenes, Motomusings is simply everything that is posted as it's posted and The Motorcycle Speaks are the many poems told to myself and others by the Wackemall 750 motorcycle as he tells his life's stories in no particular order.

And please, don't forget to check back often. Who knows, you might find you're a character in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment