Saturday, December 29, 2012

Does This Book Need Women?

Steve, Wooley and I were talking about the book today and wondering if perhaps it's time I added some strong sexy females and perhaps some romance. It's not something I would find hard to do but as Wooley is fond of saying, "Every solution creates its own set of problems."

You see, Wooley is a married man and my casting him with a seductive female might not go over well at home. Could I write his wife into the story? I'm going to walk very softly around that question.

Steve and his wife are legally separated so I guess it would be okay but his wife and I have been friends for over 20 years and she's not really a bad person... That said, she appreciates good fiction so I guess I would just need to make sure I write good fiction.

As for Donny and his wife? Donny didn't want to be in the book in the first place but as my brother and a partner in our business he got out voted 3 to 1. That said, I just can't see my sister-in-law filling a leading female role in the book so I just might need to write a female to opposite Donny. Or not.

And alas, there's me, divorced for 26 years with no prospects. Since I have no woman in my life should I make one up, pick someone I know and write her in as the hot female lead with which I have imaginary relations or cast some well known Hollywood starlet in the roll without her knowing.

Any women out there who want to be characters in a really unusual, if not well written, online novel? It could be a good opportunity for the right ladies. recyclebill@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment